<$BlogRSDURL$>

23 October 2003

the gravy train of strained english...
that's how DubyaSpeak.com describe's the president's public speaking. this site first got big during his campaign, but give the man a few years and a lot of linguistic car wrecks can happen.
anyway, here are the top 10 dubya quotes from the editors of dubyaspeak.com:

10. "I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war."
9. "I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."
8. "You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
7. "No, I know all the war rhetoric, but it's all aimed at achieving peace."
6. "My mom often used to say, 'The trouble with W' -- although she didn't put that to words."
5. "In 1994, there were 67 schools in Texas that were rated 'exemplorary' according to our own tests."
4. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right."
3. "Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."
2. "I understand small business growth. I was one."
1. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?